Prepaid Plan Details
Prepaid Plan Details
1. What Terms and Conditions Apply to my Kogan Mobile Product?
- This document sets out the Terms and Conditions that apply to specific Kogan Mobile contracts and products (collectively, the Products).
- The terms and conditions that will apply to your Product or Products are:
- all the terms and conditions provided to you when you agree to purchase a Product, including all the terms and conditions contained in this document; and
- all the terms and conditions contained in the Vodafone Standard Form of Agreement (SFOA) as amended, which is available at koganmobile.com.au/legal (collectively, the “Terms”).
- You accept the Terms when you purchase a Product or are provided with a Prepaid Pack and activate either of these by:
- calling us on 12612 from your Kogan Mobile service; or
- Accessing our website at accounts.koganmobile.com.au/activation to register/activate;
- Your contract commences on your acceptance of the Terms, however, any credit expiry period does not start until you have recharged your Prepaid account.
- The Terms may be changed from time to time. Kogan Mobile will comply with relevant laws, regulations and industry codes if it makes any such changes.
- Vodafone’s Fair Use Policy applies to any unreasonable use of Products. This includes use of any “unlimited” offerings. See koganmobile.com.au/legal
- For more information, call Kogan Mobile on:
- 1300 056 426 from any phone within Australia; or
- 12612 for free from your Kogan Mobile service when in Australia.
2. Important Things You Need to Know
- The Products are for personal use only, and are not available to medium to large business/corporate and commercial customers.
- The Products are available to eligible and approved customers.
- The Products are available online via koganmobile.com.au and via text. If you’ve registered a credit/debit card to your Kogan Mobile service, you can recharge your account by texting a code to 12612. You can find more information on recharge codes at help.koganmobile.com.au/hc/en-au/articles/209871927
- Unless otherwise stated, only one Kogan Mobile Product can be used per connection to the network.
2.2 Factors affecting availability and performance
- Products, services and functions are only available if used in conjunction with a compatible device and in a compatible coverage area. Not all mobile devices are compatible with our network.
- The Terms contain details regarding device compatibility, network capability and availability relating to the “Vodafone” network. However, notwithstanding anything else in our contract with you, in addition to the “Vodafone” networks operated by, for or on behalf of TPG Telecom Limited, we may provide services to you using any telecommunications network we consider appropriate and that network will constitute “our network” or “the network” for the purpose of the Terms. For more information about “our” network, see koganmobile.com.au/about/coverage/
- 4G/3G: All Products are for use on the Vodafone 4G/3G Network within the Kogan Coverage Area. See koganmobile.com.au/about/coverage/ for coverage details. Before purchasing a Product, you agree to refer to koganmobile.com.au/about/coverage/ for coverage details so you can confirm that your intended use of the services, your address(es) is located in the appropriate Kogan Coverage Areas and that the device you wish to select is compatible with the Kogan Coverage Area where your address(es) is located. In order to use the Product, a compatible 4G/3G device is required to access Vodafone 4G/3G services.
- 5G: Access to the Vodafone 5G Network within the Kogan Coverage Area is only available on a trial basis, to eligible new and existing customers who sign up and stay connected to our Large Monthly Plan (Eligible Customers). Eligible Customers will have access to the 5G Network, if using a compatible 5G phone, with an active recharge and when in a 5G coverage area. After the Trial End Date, Eligible Customers will no longer have access to the 5G Network, and your service will utilise the 4G/3G Networks. 5G is available in Australia in selected areas only. In non-5G coverage areas, you will automatically switch to our 4G or 3G networks (if available). For more information on the 5G trial, see koganmobile.com.au/about/kogan-mobile-5g-trial/. Vodafone’s 5G Network is progressively being rolled out to selected areas in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra and Perth. Actual speeds vary due to things like device capacity, location & network congestion. For more information, see our coverage checker at koganmobile.com.au/coverage
- The factors that affect the availability and performance of Kogan Mobile services and the data speeds you may reach depend on many factors, including network coverage, device capabilities, location, network congestion and if you are roaming.
- If, from time to time, we provide additional services in Australia where you may roam on a network in a Non-Kogan Coverage Area, we may also restrict the availability or the speeds of those services (which may include data services).
2.3 Fair use of inclusions
- “Unlimited” voice and text offerings in the Products are only for standard person-to-person national calls and standard TXT (excludes premium and special numbers) all when made within Australia, or “unlimited” International Direct Dialling (IDD) (if available) offerings in the Products are only for standard person-to-person international voice calls, all when made from Australia. So to use these offerings, you should be talking to another person, or using your fingers (or a voice-operated application) to TXT them.
- These offerings are not for you if you plan to do any of the following: multiple simultaneous calling, re-supply, call centre usage, telemarketing, bulk messaging, application-to-person communication, continuously call forwarding, auto-dialling, machine to machine communication (including by using your SIM in any other device), Cellular Trunking Units (CTUs), or any other activity which does not involve standard person-to person national calls and standard TXT (Non-Standard Usage).
- Regarding data, these offering is not for you if you plan to do any of the following: using encryption for the purposes of bypassing tethering detection; using any Application that is designed to avoid tethering detection for the objective of bypassing speed controls; or any other activity which does not involve standard individual data usage (Non-Standard Data Usage)
- Kogan Mobile and Vodafone reserves the right to determine other activities to be Non-Standard Usage or Non Standard Data Usage, where such activities are of a commercial nature and/or do not involve standard person-to person national calls, standard TXT and standard individual data usage.
- For further details, see the Fair Use Policy at https://www.koganmobile.com.au/legal/fair-use-policy/ .
2.4 Data services
- For data Products, a data session:
- starts when you begin internet activity, either directly or indirectly* on your mobile device; and
- ends when your data connection is lost. This will happen when:
- You turn your mobile device off,
- Turn your data connection off,
- Switch to flight mode,
- Lose network reception, or
- Your mobile device has not sent or received data for a period of time.
- A Product that includes data services is required to start a data session.
- When using data Products, some internet services, including web sites and email, may not be accessible.
- Subject to your rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 or other relevant legislation (including the Australian Consumer Law), neither Kogan Mobile nor Vodafone makes any warranty regarding any software or data provided or available to you in connection with data services, including with respect to how that software or data operates on your device or interacts with applications.
- Unless otherwise stated, data usage is measured as the combination of both data you send (upload) and receive (download).
- Any data allowance which is part of your Product (including an Add-on Product, if applicable) is only available for use via your compatible handset. It is not available for use on a mobile broadband device or for use in a modem.
*Direct internet activity is when you prompt your mobile device to send or receive data from the internet. For example, when you send an email. Indirect internet activity is when your mobile device or mobile applications are set up to send or receive data from the internet on your behalf. Examples include (but are not limited to): Email notifications via Gmail, notification of Tweets or Facebook posts which mention you and software or weather updates.
2.5 Rates and types of credit
- Details of the rates and charges, including any recharge price, Plan Allowances and expiry periods which apply to the Products are set out in these terms. This section sets out some general rules about recharge price, Plan Allowances and expiry periods. Sections 3 - 7 describes how these rules apply to specific Products.
- Recharge Price: The recharge price under each type of Product is set out in sections 3 – 7. As described in the SFOA, the recharge price for a Product will be billed in advance.
- Plan Allowances and expiry periods: Each Product has a specific expiry period, and a Plan Allowance which may be made up of:
- an Included Data allowance; and
- an “unlimited” or “Infinite” allowance (which provides you with infinite access to some (but not all) services available from Kogan Mobile – see sections 3 - 7 for details about the Products to which this applies).
- If usage of a Product exceeds any part of your Plan Allowance, or you use a service that is not part of your Plan Allowance, you will be charged an amount additional to your recharge price.
- Unless otherwise stated, if you do not use all your included Plan Allowance before the expiry period, any remaining Plan Allowance expires and is forfeited (it cannot be transferred, refunded, exchanged, redeemed for cash or carried over into another month).
- Calculating rates and charges: Unless otherwise stated:
- rates specified for services are GST inclusive;
- each charge is rounded up to the nearest cent before GST is included;
- call usage is billed in blocks of 60 second increments. Usage is rounded up to the end of the current increment;
- each call may last for a maximum duration of 2 hours, provided you have sufficient credit and privileges to make the call; and
- data is charged in per kilobyte blocks.
- Details of the rates and charges which apply to the Products are contained in the Terms.
- Credit may be expressed in any manner, including as a monetary value or as a quantity of a specified Product.
- All rates and charges are subject to change. Kogan Mobile and/or Vodafone will comply with relevant regulations and industry codes with respect to such changes.
- International Calls: most Products do not include allowances for international calls. Please add an international calls add-on to make standard international voice calls to selected countries. See Section 6 Kogan Mobile Calls to Selected Countries Packs for more information.
- The PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ON comes with PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ON Credit. Details on what PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ON Credit can be used to purchase can also be found in the table titled “Service and Charge table for PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ON” in Section 4 below.
2.6 SIM, Voucher and Credit Expiry
- In order to purchase a Product you must firstly purchase a SIM card and a voucher for the Product on koganmobile.com and secondly, insert the SIM into your device (once you have received the SIM card) and activate this voucher at https://accounts.koganmobile.com.au/activation.
- Upon purchase of a voucher you will be advised the date of expiry for activation of your voucher. A voucher which is not activated before expiry will be forfeited. You will have 365 days after the date of purchase of your SIM to activate your SIM, otherwise it will expire.
- Once activated, the Kogan Mobile Recharge Products, PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ON, DATA PACK, Calls to Selected Countries Pack and International Roaming Pack have expiry periods. Expiry periods are specified for each in sections 3, 4 and 5 below.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Terms, when the credit expiry period elapses or when the Kogan Mobile Recharge Product is recharged (whichever occurs first), any unused credit or Plan Allowance for that Product is forfeited, is not refundable, and cannot be carried over to any other Product.
2.7 Moving Plans
- Unless otherwise stated, if you change from a Product to any other Product, any unused credit or Plan Allowance from your original Product is forfeited, is not refundable, and cannot be carried over to your new Product.
2.8 International Roaming
- Section 10 of the SFOA sets out how you will be charged as a Prepaid customer for your Product. However, see section 7. Kogan Mobile International Roaming Pack below for the specific details regarding Roaming Packs.
2.9 Pausing your Product
- It is not possible to pause your Product.
2.10 Automatic Recharge
- When you sign up to Kogan Mobile Recharge Product and nominate a Credit Card for payment, you will be automatically recharged upon expiry. This service is called “Auto Recharge”.
- If you continue using the Auto Recharge service, your credit card will be automatically charged on the expiry day of your current Kogan Mobile Recharge Product. All dates and times are based on Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
- Any discounts may change or drop off upon an Auto Recharge.
- You can manage your Auto Recharge including updating your Credit Card details at your Kogan Mobile account at accounts.koganmobile.com.au, select the “payment method” tab and register your credit card details.
- Excluding Monthly Plans, if you decide to cancel Auto Recharge you will need to go to your Kogan Mobile account at accounts.koganmobile.com.au, select the payment method tab and click Remove Schedule. To ensure an Auto Recharge is cancelled you must remove the schedule before 23:00 AEST on the day it is due. For the avoidance of doubt, this will not cancel your current Kogan Mobile Recharge Product, it will only cancel any future Auto Recharge. Your Kogan Mobile Recharge Product will continue until the end of its expiry period and you will not be refunded any of the paid price.
- If you have a Monthly Plan, you will be automatically opted-in for Auto Recharge. To cancel your Monthly Plan and remove Auto-Recharge , you will need to call Customer Care on 12612.
2.11 Checking your usage
- Check your call, TXT and data use here at accounts.koganmobile.com.au or call us for free from your
Kogan Mobile service on 12612 (when in Australia).
Terms for Kogan Mobile Recharge Products
The following terms apply specifically to Products which are rechargeable (“Kogan Mobile Recharge Products”).
3.1 Monthly Plans:
This table specifies the recharge price, expiry period, for Small Monthly Plan, Medium Monthly Plan and Large Monthly Plan (“Monthly Plan”):
|Plan Name||Monthly Recharge Price (or Minimum Monthly Spend)||Expiry Period||Monthly Data||Standard national voice calls||Standard national text (SMS & MMS)|
|Small Monthly Plan||$15||1 calendar month||10GB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Medium Monthly Plan||$25||1 calendar month||40GB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Large Monthly Plan||$40||1 calendar month||80GB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
In addition to the terms and conditions set out in 2 above the following terms and conditions apply to you if you purchase a Monthly Plan:
- Your Monthly Plan is a prepaid plan, with no commitment period.
- You can cancel your Monthly Plan at anytime and will not have to pay any plan early exit fees.
- Your plan will automatically recharge each calendar month. The recharge date should occur on the same date each month, unless your recharge date falls on the 29th – 31st of the month, in which case depending on the calendar month in question, the recharge date will be on the following date. Charges will be automatically deducted from your nominated payment card.
- Your plan inclusions expire after 1 calendar month unless otherwise stated. If you run out of data before the end of the calendar month, you can purchase a data pack. See Section 5 below for more information
- To cancel your Monthly plan, you will need to call Kogan Mobile customer service on 12612.
- Data Rollover. You can roll over up to 200GB of unused data when your plan automatically recharges each month. Your included data will be used first, followed by any rolled over data. Data in excess of 200GB each month will be forfeited. If your recharge has expired and is not renewed, or you cancel or change plans, you will lose any rolled over data.
- Your plan does not include an international call and SMS allowance. You will need to purchase an Calls to Selected Countries Pack. See Section 6 below for more information.
- To use your plan overseas, you will need to purchase an International Roaming Pack. See Section 7 for more information.
3.2 Remaining Kogan Mobile Recharge Products (excluding Monthly Plans):
This table specifies the recharge price, expiry period, and inclusions for the remaining Kogan Mobile Recharge Products (excluding Monthly Plans):
|Plan Name||Recharge Price||Expiry Period||Data Replenishment Amount Per 30 Days (excludes 365 Flex)||Total Data*||Standard national voice calls||Standard national text (SMS & MMS)|
|SMALL – 30 Days||$16.90||30 Days||3GB||3,072 MB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|SMALL – 90 Days||$46.90||90 Days||3GB||9,216MB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|SMALL – 365 Days||$179.90||365 Days||3GB||37,376MB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Small – 365 PLUS||$389.90||365 Days||3GB||37,376MB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|SMALL – 730 Days (24 months)||$354.90||730 Days||3GB||74,752MB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|MEDIUM – 30 Days||$29.90||30 Days||13GB||13,312MB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|MEDIUM – 90 Days||$79.90||90 Days||13GB||39,936MB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|MEDIUM – 365 Days||$299.90||365 Days||13GB||161,963MB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|MEDIUM – 730 Days (24 months)||$589.90||730 Days||13GB||323,926MB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|LARGE – 30 Days||$36.90||30 Days||20GB||20,480MB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|LARGE – 90 Days||$99.90||90 Days||20GB||61,440MB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|LARGE – 365 Days||$399.90||365 Days||20GB||249,173MB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|LARGE – 730 Days (24 months)||$779.90||730 Days||20GB||498,347MB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|LARGE – 730 Days (24 months)||$779.90||730 Days||20GB||498,347MB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|EXTRA LARGE – 30 Days||$49.90||30 Days||40GB||40,960MB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|EXTRA LARGE – 90 Days||$139.90||90 Days||40GB||122,880MB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|EXTRA LARGE – 365 Days||$529.90||365 Days||40GB||498,347MB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|EXTRA LARGE – 730 Days (24 months)||$1,039.90||730 Days||40GB||996,694MB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|SMALL – 365 Days FLEX||$179.90||365 Days||Not per 30 days Data||81,920MB (80GB per 365 days)||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|MEDIUM – 365 Days FLEX||$299.90||365 Days||Not per 30 days Data||161,792 MB (158GB per 365 days)||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|LARGE – 365 Days FLEX||$399.90||365 Days||Not per 30 days Data||248,832 MB (243GB per 365 days)||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|EXTRA LARGE – 365 Days FLEX||$529.90||365 Days||Not per 30 days Data||497,664 MB (486GB per 365 days)||Unlimited||Unlimited|
*1GB = 1024MB
In addition to the terms and conditions set out in 2 above the following terms and conditions apply to you if you purchase any of the Products in the table above:
- Unlimited standard national text excludes premium and re-routed TXT and cannot be used for commercial purposes or for resale purposes.
- Unlimited standard national calls excludes premium and re-routed calls and cannot be used for commercial purposes or for resale purposes
- Any Kogan “365 Days FLEX” Mobile Recharge Product comes with a Total Data amount that is all given upfront and is valid for 365 days as per the amount specified in the table above.
- Each Kogan Mobile Recharge Product with an expiry of 90 days comes with a Total Data amount which is split into 30 day blocks as per the Data Replenishment Amount Per 30 Days specified in the table above.
- Each Kogan Mobile Recharge Product with an expiry of 365 days (excluding 365 Days FLEX) comes with a Total Data amount which is split into 30 day blocks as per the Data Replenishment Amount Per 30 Days specified in the table above from days 1 – 360. From days 361 – 365 the remainder of the Total Data (a pro rata of the Data Replenishment Amount Per 30 Days) is added to the account.
- Each Kogan Mobile Recharge Product with an expiry of 730 days comes with a Total Data amount which is split into 30 day blocks as per the Data Replenishment Amount Per 30 Days specified in the table above from days 1 – 720. From days 721 – 730 the remainder of the Total Data (a pro rata of the Data Replenishment Amount Per 30 Days) is added to the account.
- For all plans excluding 365 FLEX, if data limit is reached before 30 days has elapsed, access to data will cease until the next data replenishment date (if any), or the customer recharges or purchases a data pack.
- For 365 Days FLEX, if data limit is reached before 365 days has elapsed, access to data will cease until the customer recharges or purchases a data pack.
- Data can only be used in Australia, on the Vodafone Network within the Kogan Coverage Area.
- Data usage is charged in per kB increments.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Terms, if you recharge on any Kogan Mobile Recharge Product before the end of your Expiry Period, all unused inclusions from your Kogan Mobile Recharge Product will be forfeited and will not roll over to your new Kogan Mobile Recharge Product
4. Kogan Mobile PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ON
4.1 The below table specify the types of credit to use in Australia that are provided if you purchase a PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ON:
|Prepaid Plan Name||Price||Expiry Period||PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ON Bolt On Credit^||Free rated access to koganmobile.com.au|
|PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ON||$14.90||30 Days||$14.90||Unlimited to koganmobile.com.au|
^Your Bolt-On Credit includes standard national and international video calls, Call Forwarding within Australia, Vodafone Directory Assistance 1223, International SMS & MMS.
The following terms and conditions apply to you if you purchase a PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ON:
- Calls to international countries will be charged as per standard international call rates and will be paid for from your PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ON. See koganmobile.com.au/plans/mobile/premier-access-bolt-on/ for rates.
- Calls to non-terrestrial locations such as satellites and space stations are excluded.
- Calls to international rerouted, freephone, pager, and premium numbers are excluded.
- You can only activate a PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ON if you are an existing Kogan Mobile customer with an active Kogan Mobile Recharge Product.
- If you have purchased an initial PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ON (which has not yet expired) and add another PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ON, the Expiry Periods begin on purchase and will run consecutively until the end of each Expiry Period.
- Unused PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ON inclusions can continue to be used after your Kogan Mobile Recharge Product Expiry Period however will be forfeited at the end of the PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ON Expiry Period.
- The maximum number of PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ONs that can be purchased and activated at any given time is 16.
- All PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ON inclusions are for use within Australia only
4.2 Service and Charge Table for PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ON
The table below details all Products that can be paid from your PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ON Credit (unless stated otherwise), and the charge rate for those Products.
|International Voice Call||Varies. See list of country specific rates here.|
|National Video Call||$0.42 per min + $0.33 connect fee|
|International Video Call||0.72 per min + $0.44 connect fee|
|Call Forwarding within Australia||$0.20 per min|
|Directory Assistance 1223||$1.60 flat rate|
|Internationals SMS||$0.55 per SMS|
|International MMS||$0.83 per MMS|
5. Kogan Mobile DATA PACKS
The following table specifies the type of credit that is provided if you purchase a DATA PACK:
|Data Pack 2 Days||Data Pack 7 Days||Data Pack 30 Days|
|Data to Use in Australia||3GB||3GB||2GB|
|Expiry||2 Days||7 Days||30 Days|
The following terms and conditions apply to you if you purchase a DATA PACK:
- Data can only be used in Australia on Vodafone Networks with the Kogan Coverage Area.
- Data usage is charged in per kB increments
- If your Kogan Mobile Recharge Product includes a data allowance, data will be deducted from the Kogan Mobile Recharge Product or DATA PACK/s in order of sooner expiry used first (i.e. product expiring first, will be used first)
- The DATA PACK are not for commercial or resale purposes.
- If you have purchased an initial DATA PACK (which has not yet expired) and add another DATA PACK, the Expiry Periods begin on purchase and will run concurrently until the end of each Expiry Period.
- Unused data, from the DATA PACK, can continue to be used after your Kogan Mobile Recharge Product Expiry Period, however will be forfeited at the end of the DATA PACK Expiry Period.
- The maximum number of DATA PACKS that can be purchased and used at any given time is 5.
- The DATA PACKS will require you to have an active Kogan Mobile Recharge Product, before you can purchase a Data pack.
6. Kogan Mobile Calls to Selected Countries Packs
The following table specifies the type of credit that is provided if you purchase a CALLS TO SELECTED COUNTRIES PACK:
|Type of Calls To Selected Countries Pack||Price||Expiry Period||Inclusions|
|Calls to 10 Countries pack||$5||30 Days||250 minutes of standard international voice calls from Australia to 10 Selected Countries*|
|Calls to 15 Countries Pack||$10||30 Days||250 minutes of standard international voice calls from Australia to 15 Selected Countries*|
|Calls to 20 Countries Pack||$15||30 Days||250 minutes of standard international voice call from Australia to 20 Selected Countries*|
*Selected Countries may change from time to time, see https://www.koganmobile.com.au/plans/mobile/international-call-packs/ for list of current countries. Fair use policy applies. See www.vodafone.com.au/fairuse.
In addition to the terms and conditions set out in 2 above the following terms and conditions apply to you if you purchase a CALLS TO SELECTED COUNTRIES PACK:
- You can only use a CALLS TO SELECTED COUNTRIES PACK if you are an existing Kogan Mobile customer with an active account and an eligible Kogan Mobile Recharge Product. New Kogan Mobile Customers who activated a SIM will need to recharge with Kogan Mobile Recharge Products before purchasing a CALLS TO SELECTED COUNTRIES PACK.
- You can have up to five of each type of CALLS TO SELECTED COUNTRIES PACK listed above active simultaneously. The CALLS TO SELECTED COUNTRIES PACK with the earliest expiry will be consumed first.
- You can have up to 15 active CALLS TO SELECTED COUNTRIES PACK, (five of each type as per the point above). Where you have different types of CALLS TO SELECTED COUNTRIES PACKS active simultaneously and you make a call to a country that is included in more than one of the CALLS TO SELECTED COUNTRIES PACKS, the call minutes from the CALLS TO SELECTED COUNTRIES PACK with the earliest expiry will be consumed first
- If you have a PREMIER ACCESS BOLT-ON at the same time as a CALLS TO SELECTED COUNTRIES PACK, the international call minutes you use, to the selected countries, will be deducted from the one which expires first.
- Unused inclusions will be forfeited at the end of the CALLS TO SELECTED COUNTRIES PACK Expiry Period.
- Unless stated otherwise, CALLS TO SELECTED COUNTRIES PACKs can only be purchased via Online, the Kogan app or over the phone.
- CALLS TO SELECTED COUNTRIES PACKS are for use within Australia only.
- CALLS TO SELECTED COUNTRIES PACKS included calls exclude premium services, overseas freephone numbers, video calls, re-routed calls and cannot be used for commercial purposes or for resale purposes.
- Includes calls from Australia, on the Vodafone Network within the Kogan Coverage Area, to mobiles and land lines which are applicable to a selected list of countries only.
7. Kogan Mobile International Roaming Pack
The following terms and conditions apply if you purchase any INTERNATIONAL ROAMING PACK, including a 1-Day Roaming Pack, 3-Day Roaming Pack or 7-Day Roaming Pack (together “ROAMING PACK”):
- Roaming Pack is only available for purchase and use if you are an existing Kogan Mobile customer with an active account and an active Kogan Mobile Plan. New Kogan Mobile Customers who activated a SIM will need to recharge with Kogan Mobile Plan before purchasing a Roaming Pack
- Roaming Pack is only available for purchase from https://www.koganmobile.com.au/plans/mobile/international-roaming-packs/ via desktop or your mobile device via Kogan Mobile App and/or SMS.
7.2. Factors affecting use whilst roaming.
2.1 Factors affecting availability and performance of Roaming Pack
- Network coverage and many other factors may affect the availability and performance of a Roaming Pack.
- All Kogan Mobile Services including the Roaming Pack are subject to network availability, individual device capabilities and limitations of overseas networks. Some Kogan Mobile services such as data, video calling, TXT, PXT® may not be available while roaming in some countries. The speeds you experience when using data overseas, may not be comparable, and may be less than the speeds you experience when using data at home.
- Certain Kogan Mobile services including Roaming Packs, and functions are only available if used in conjunction with a compatible mobile or other device and if in a compatible coverage area. Not all mobile devices are compatible with Vodafone or overseas partner networks.
- The Roaming Pack, including mobile broadband speeds, will not be available in all overseas countries and it may not be available in all geographic areas of any eligible country.
- Compatible device required to access services. Some services, such as video streaming may not be available while roaming in some countries.
- Roaming Pack rates and charges are subject to change. Always refer to https://www.koganmobile.com.au/plans/mobile/international-roaming-packs/ before leaving Australia for the most up to date rates and charges
- Phone Customer Care at 12612 on your Kogan mobile for information about specific roaming rates and charges
- Go to https://accounts.koganmobile.com.au/customer/login to check your account balance while roaming.
- Your charge for a Roaming Pack does not form part of the included value of your Kogan Mobile Plan and will be charged in addition to your Kogan Mobile Plan monthly access fee
7.3. Roaming Pack Inclusions, eligible roaming countries and expiry periodThe following table specifies the type of inclusions that is provided in a Roaming Pack:
|Roaming Type||Price||Expiry Period||Data||Outgoing and Incoming Standard Voice Calls*||Standard TXT*|
|1-Day Roaming Pack||$10||1-Day||1GB||50 minutes||50 TXTs|
|3-Day Roaming Pack||$25||3-Days||2GB||100 minutes||100 TXTs|
|7-Day Roaming Pack||$45||7-Days||5GB||150 minutes||150 TXTs|
- Standard Calls and Txt inclusions:
- Standard Calls: Roaming Pack includes an allowance for standard incoming and outgoing voice calls, but excludes calls to premium numbers/services, overseas freephone numbers, video calls, re-routed calls and cannot be used for commercial purposes or for resale purposes. This means you will be unable to make calls to premium numbers/services, overseas freephone numbers, video calls or re-routed calls. Both outgoing and incoming standard voice calls are charged in per 1-minute increments
- Standard TXT: Roaming Pack includes an allowance for standard outgoing TXT, and excludes any picture or multimedia messages. This means you will be unable to send any picture or multimedia messages via TXT.
- Unused inclusions will be forfeited at the end of the Roaming Pack Expiry Period, and any unused data will not contribute to any Data Rollover you may have
- The charge for a Roaming Pack is a one-off charge and does not reoccur. This means you will need to purchase another Roaming Pack at the end of your Expiry Period or when all inclusions are exhausted (whichever occurs first) if you want to continue using your Kogan Mobile in an Eligible Roaming Country.
- Eligible Roaming Countries: Roaming Pack is only available for use in selected Eligible Roaming Countries. These selected roaming countries are subject to change from time to time. Please see the following for a current list of Eligible Roaming Countries before you travel https://www.koganmobile.com.au/plans/mobile/international-roaming-packs/. Fair use policy applies. See https://www.koganmobile.com.au/legal/fair-use-policy/
- We may expand the number of or change the selected Eligible Roaming Countries from time to time. We may also reduce the number of or change the Eligible Roaming Countries from time to time. In either scenario, the charge for the Roaming Pack may or may not stay the same. You will be notified if such a change is applicable to you.
- If you roam in a country which is not a selected Eligible Roaming Country, you will be unable to use your Roaming Pack and you will not have service on your Kogan Mobile.
- Roaming Pack inclusions are only for use in selected Eligible Roaming Countries. These selected roaming countries are subject to change from time to time. Please see the following for a current list of Eligible Roaming Countries before you travel - https://www.koganmobile.com.au/plans/mobile/international-roaming-packs/.
- The standard call inclusions can only be used for standard incoming and outgoing calls to and from (a) a standard Australian number, or (b) a standard number of an Eligible Roaming Country
- b. The standard TXT inclusions are only for outgoing standard TXTs to (a) a standard Australian number, or (b) a standard number of an Eligible Roaming Country.
- Expiry Period: each International Roaming Pack has an expiry period of either: 1-day (1-Day Roaming Pack), 3-days (3-Day Roaming Pack) or 7 days (7-Day Roaming Pack) (each separately known as “Expiry Period”), or until all inclusions are exhausted (whichever is earlier). Where the International Roaming Pack is purchased from https://www.koganmobile.com.au , the Expiry Period will begin immediately after purchase. Where the Roaming Pack is purchased as a voucher, the Expiry Period will begin from activation.
- You can have up to five International Roaming Packs active simultaneously. The inclusions of the International Roaming Pack with the earliest expiry will be consumed first. However the Expiry Period of each pack will run concurrently
- All Kogan Mobile services, including the International Roaming Pack is subject to overseas network limitations and availability and individual device capabilities. Some Kogan Mobile services may not be available whilst roaming in some countries.