Ensuring that your security information and personal details are safe
From time to time Kogan Mobile may contact you for marketing or servicing reasons. Kogan Mobile will never call you and ask for your PIN or security code.
Organisations can help avoid data theft by using security measures, known as multi-factor authentication (MFA), to confirm your proof of identity. Kogan Mobile uses MFA security measures such as one-time passcodes to help keep your data and account information safe. Because of this, it’s best to make sure your personal contact information like your mobile number is up to date in our system.
Unless you are communicating with an agent in one of our designated departments, we will only ever contact you via these methods:
- We will only call you from these numbers.
- SMS from a designated Kogan Mobile portal that will appear as Kogan Mobile AU or one of these numbers.
- Email with offers, notifications or your bill from a Kogan Mobile email.
If we send you an email, we will never ask you to click on a link to fill out your security information such as your PIN, password or date of birth or your personally identifiable information such as your address or payment details. Be mindful of scammers using click-bait or phishing emails to obtain this information.
If you’ve received a call, text or email claiming to be from Kogan Mobile but you suspect isn’t or could be fraud, or the sender or caller is claiming to be from Kogan Mobile but is asking you to provide security information or personally identifiable information, please report it by completing our Scam Lodgement Form and providing:
- a screenshot of the text message and the sender’s phone number
- the date and time and the phone number that contacted you claiming to be from Kogan Mobile
- or by forwarding the alleged email.
If you suspect you have been a victim of fraud, you should also immediately contact your financial service provider.
From time to time you will receive SMS messages and emails from Kogan Mobile.
Often these emails or SMS include links to support pages, payment tools or Kogan Mobile.
- Never click on links in an SMS that aren’t from an official Kogan Mobile number
- All links that assist customers in making payments will first require you to log into your official Kogan Mobile account or only enter an account number, not your mobile number
- If you receive an email or SMS with a one-time code that you did not request, ensure you do not provide the code to anyone
- We will only send a one-time code to validate your identity if you are contacting us. Kogan Mobile will never contact customers and ask them to verify themselves by providing a one-time code.